What is consecutive interpreting and what should you know about this service?
Consecutive interpreting means that the interpreter first listens to the speaker and then interprets what they have said into another language.
- accurate “transposition” of the message/idea into the target language
- faithfulness to both content and tonality
- quick and fluent narration in a calm, collected and steady manner
- unambiguous and elegant use of language
- good contact with the speaker and the audience
|The number of languages used||The minimum number of interpreters*|
|From two languages into two languages||2|
|From three languages into three languages||3|
* In exceptional cases that still respect the principles of quality and occupational health, two interpreters can be replaced with one and three interpreters can be replaced with two.